THE POPPY SEED SPECIALIST AND A TRUSTED SUPPLY PARTNER FOR EDIBLE SEEDS
Red River – Van Eck specializes in the sourcing, processing and distribution of poppy seed to the confection -, spice – and bakery industry. Besides poppy seed, we also provide a variety of other (bakery and snack) ingredients, such as in-shell sunflower seeds, sunflower kernels, hulled millet, pumpkin seeds, natural / hulled sesame seeds, brown – as well as yellow flax seeds and caraway seeds. Our leading position in the industry has been realized through entrepreneurship, reliability and commitment to our customers.
Red River-van Eck B.V. recognizes that all the activities in the food industry have some impact on the environment. We believe that our performance of the products will be measured not only by our profitability, but also by our impact on the environment.
We will strive to continually improve environmental performance and prevent pollution of land, air, and water. As a business dependent on natural resources, we are acutely aware of the need to use those resources efficiently and with minimal impact on the environment.
In support of our principles, we will:
- Integrate environmental considerations into all our business decisions and activities.
- Implement systems and procedures to ensure continuous improvement of our
- Comply with and where feasible exceed the minimum requirements of all applicable environmental legislation.
- Encourage the adoption of similar principles from our suppliers.
To reduce the impact of our activities on the environment, our measures include to:
- Manage our energy use and explore opportunities for reducing consumption.
- Minimize the volume of waste, adopting the principles of the waste hierarchy and
evaluating all operations.
We will endeavor to positively impact the local environment, economy, and society:
- Considering and minimizing the impacts on local communities adjacent to our
We will promote environmental responsibility and improved environmental
performance across the business.